Wednesday, October 29, 2008

From the Depths of the Vault (not a Fallout Review)

So being a self professed game-aholic, i am fully aware of my addiction and the effect it has on me. Here are but a few examples of what i mean.

First, when a game comes out that has any media push behind it, my friends will almost immediately come to me and ask if i have played "Game X" yet. Because sadly they know that either i already have or am planning on it. I am thought of as the person in my circle of friends that has at least heard every gaming nugget of info out there and can explain them. 

Second, I also am a music nut. Putting these two passions together (Gaming and Music) and you get a very strange cocktail. I almost always have a song from some game running through my head. Be that the theme from Golgo13, to Super Mario Brothers, Oblivion, or even the Underground passage from Goonies II (which is currently on loop in my brain.  On my iPod i have about 600 different songs either taken directly from a game or inspired from games. 
Speaking of i would highly recommend that everyone check out several bands that are my favorites as far as this category goes. The Advantage, The Minibosses, 8bit Weapon, and Mega Drive. All of which do some pretty amazing renditions of your favorite (and mine) video games. 

Lastly, I never suffer from "Buyers Remorse". Unless the game i just got is truly horrible and i can't stand the fact that it is in my possession, i very rarely feel bad upon purchasing a game. Except for the fact that i have games now that i have yet to finish. Which brings me to the new Sidebar that i added today to the site. Taken from the 1up shows inspiration, i have added the "Pile of Shame". These are games that i own and have yet to finish. There are some very old games in there and most of them are well worth the trouble of finishing, but i just get distracted so fast to another more shiny new game. 

And on that note i am off to my 360 and the comforts of the "Wasteland" and Fallout 3. . . 

No comments: