Friday, September 12, 2008

A New Generation

So today my wife and I found out that she may be pregnant. . .

I needed some time for that to set in. We haven't been actively trying to get pregnant but I guess you could say we were just practicing until we got it right. I guess here recently, we did.

It was very surreal hearing my wife come out of the bathroom (with a "stick" she just peed on) saying "We're pregnant!". At first i really didn't believe it. I am still thinking about it and it hasn't really sunk in yet.

I walked around Target today, mostly through the baby section. I actually looked at most of the stuff and checked out the toys, clothes, and just general "things" that you end up getting when you have a child. I think i can do this. I think I am ready.

Thus begins my new Blog. The "Expectant Gamer". I will generally post things as they come up about the baby that might be on the way. Also i will put my two cents in about video games and the culture that surrounds them. I will try to post at least once a week maybe more. I will also update this page throughout the course of this journey with links, pics, and other doo-dads that correspond with my new direction in life.

It's no longer just about me, now its truly about the future and what it holds for my wife and I.

No comments: