Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Surprise!!

So this weekend we (my wife and i) went ahead and told my immediate family the news that we were pregnant. I think they were guessing something was up but i don't think they knew that it was going to be the news they got. 

Everyone came over for dinner and (with out going into a long story) my niece was there as well. We told her that she had a present to open and she was very excited. She opened a box that had two (really horrible previous christmas gifts) ducks in side. Upon Further investigation one of the ducks had a smaller ceramic duck in a pouch. I explained to her that it was two larger ducks and there was one more one the way. 

Well she didn't understand but my Mother and Sister sure did. They both started yelling and crying at the same time (both in joy, not madness). Everyone was all smiles the rest of the day. I told them that we didn't want the rest of the family. At least not until we have an ultrasound to show them. Oh and we will be finding out the sex of the baby too. None of that guessing till it's born BS. 

No comments: